Monday, March 30, 2009

How Far Can You Push a Niggle Until it Moves In?

I'm going to have to log the last two runs here today, since I didn't log Saturday's run.

Monday

I easily spent my running time today on one of the lamest run of the year so far.


WORKOUT

1.5 miles of limpy running

TIME/DISTANCE/COURSE/PACE

Time was slower. Distance 1.5 miles. Course -- from my place to the greenbelt and some on the greenbelt. I don't know and I don't care about pace today anyway.

WEATHER

Way too cold.

FEELINGS & EFFORT LEVEL (1-10, 10=all out):

Effort level 0-3, but it was tough to keep going because my right calf really did hurt! I went on for a while before my left shin really started hurting, too. Then it was really a struggle to continue.

DAYS EVENTS

Work, work, work

SLEEP

7-8 hours

DIET

Pretty good today. I still have to cut a couple more things out, though, to get down to my target caloric intake.

RESTING HR

I need to figure out how to do this well enough that I trust the outcome.

WEIGHT

I can give a guesstimate but there's no way I want all of you to know that.

NIGGLES

The classic left calf niggle has morphed into a right calf niggle. It really has been making me wonder! How far can you push it before it moves in long-term. I have decided for sure that the reason this niggle is getting worse is because I haven't replaced my shoes. They're beyond renewal time. Famous Footwear is having one of their half price sales so I had them put two pairs aside for me. I'll pick them up tomorrow.

Perhaps tonight's performance means I'm a weenie, but at least I'm a weenie who has a reasonable chance of completing speedwork tomorrow.

OTHER CONDITIONING

Just walking the 1.5 miles home in shorts and a t-shirt in way-too-cold weather.

No comments: