Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Liz's Speedwork and Her Niggle

Hello!

Well, my effort to be more faithful to the blog has not been entirely successful up to now. It is still a bit difficult tonight as well since my fingers are still frozen from the run I'm about to blog.

Yesterday's Speed Work

I met Monica at 6 pm for track work. The plan was to do pick ups of 1 lap, then 1 lap recovery, 2 laps, 3 laps, then 4 laps. We did a quick warm up and then started. Here are my speeds:

one lap-- 1:41

two laps -- 3:50? (I think? I can't quite remember)

three laps -- 6:35

I felt sick from the get-go, but when slowing down on the three lap pick-up was still really uncomfortable for my stomach, I ended up just bagging the whole thing. It wasn't ideal, but nothing has been lately. That's not to mention my niggle, which has been acting up lately. Like today, for instance.

Wednesday

Oh, yeah. I forgot the blogger formula.

WORKOUT

12 Minutes

TIME/DISTANCE/COURSE/PACE

On the track, mostly limping. (My right calf niggle was "singing" as I like to say. I stuck in there until my right hamstring joined in the chorus. I knew then it probably wasn't worth it if I wanted to be able to run tomorrow.)

WEATHER

Chilly and rainy

FEELINGS & EFFORT LEVEL (1-10, 10=all out):

Effort level 0-3, but it was tough to keep going because my right calf really did hurt! I kind of limp-jogged around the track for a few laps. Then the pain spread to my right hamstring, and I knew forcing another 30 minutes out of my body wasn't worth it.

I walked home and the niggle and hamstring still hurt for a few blocks, but lessened on the way, though it never went away completely.

DAYS EVENTS

A bunch of medical mumbo jumbo. And cooking!

SLEEP

6-7 hours

DIET

Trying! With any luck my weight is slowly dropping.

RESTING HR

I need to figure out how to do this well enough that I trust the outcome.

WEIGHT

I can give a guesstimate but there's no way I want all of you to know that.

NIGGLES

The classic left calf niggle has morphed into a right calf niggle. It's been acting up and interfering with running lately.

OTHER CONDITIONING

Just walking to the track and walking home. About 3 miles total, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheeaaaaa niggle!